Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Blog 192: Will & Whit Graphic Novel

Synopsis of the book from Goodsreads
Wilhelmina “Will” Huckstep is a creative soul struggling to come to terms with a family tragedy. She crafts whimsical lamps, in part to deal with her fear of the dark. As she wraps up another summer in her mountain town, she longs for unplugged adventures with her fellow creative friends, Autumn, Noel, and Reese. Little does she know that she will get her wish in the form of an arts carnival and a blackout, courtesy of a hurricane named Whitney, which forces Will to face her fear of darkness.

My Review
Cover: I enjoyed the cover of this graphic novel. I really think that it sets the tone and sets up the readers for what the story is all about.

Things that I liked: I like that the story is about a character is knows who she is and what she is about. I liked reading about her tragedies as well as her successes. The characters seem so loving and caring about each other. It seems they really come together in a time of need as well. I enjoyed seeing the creativity coming our of Will. Her creativity shows in everything that she does throughout the story. I enjoyed reading about her friends and what their hobbies were - cooking and puppets. LOL! There is so much detail throughout the novel about characters, the storyline, and even the hobbies that the minor characters play. I enjoyed reading this. 

Things that I didn't like: I really wished that this graphic novel would have been in color as well. I really enjoyed the story line but would have loved to see it in color.

Overall: I rated this one 5 out of 5 stars because I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters how they used their creativity and turned something dark like an impending storm to something light with their carnival and making their own electricity.

   

Thank you for stopping by, if you have read this, please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy Reading.

No comments: