Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Blog 177: The Miserable Mill

Synopsis of the book (from Goodreads):
Dear Reader,

I hope, for your sake, that you have not chosen to read this book because you are in the mood for a pleasant experience. If this is the case, I advise you to put this book down instantaneously, because of all the books describing the unhappy lives of the Baudelaire orphans, The Miserable Mill might be the unhappiest yet. Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire are sent to Paltryville to work in a lumber mill, and they find disaster and misfortune lurking behind every log.

The pages of this book, I'm sorry to inform you, contain such unpleasantries as a giant pincher machine, a bad casserole, a man with a cloud of smoke where his head should be, a hypnotist, a terrible accident resulting in injury, and coupons.

I have promised to write down the entire history of these three poor children, but you haven't, so if you prefer stories that are more heartwarming, please feel free to make another selection.

With all due respect,

Lemony Snicket

My Review:
Note: I tried a different reading method with this book. I read the book while listening to the audio book version of the novel.

Cover: I thought the cover was a great and perfect portrait of what this book was about.

Things that I liked: I think that with the narrator stopping to explain what a word means s growing on me, because I am trying to notice that some of the words he uses are words that I don't know myself. I do like that the story puts up where the last story left off. I feel bad for these children more and more with each story. I am amazed with all of the disguises that Count Olaf has done thus far in the stories, and I look forward to see what he comes up with next.

Things that I didn't like: I can't think of anything. 

Overall: I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick read.


Thank you for stopping by, if you have read this, please feel free to leave a comment down below. Happy Reading!


Peace and Love to All!

No comments: