Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Blog 179: The Stonekeeper (Amulet #1)

Synopsis of the Book (from Goodreads)
Graphic novel star Kazu Kibuishi creates a world of terrible, man-eating demons, a mechanical rabbit, a giant robot---and two ordinary children on a life-or-death mission.

After the tragic death of their father, Emily and Navin move with their mother to the home of her deceased great-grandfather, but the strange house proves to be dangerous. Before long, a sinister creature lures the kids' mom through a door in the basement. Em and Navin, desperate not to lose her, follow her into an underground world inhabited by demons, robots, and talking animals.

Eventually, they enlist the help of a small mechanical rabbit named Miskit. Together with Miskit, they face the most terrifying monster of all, and Em finally has the chance to save someone she loves.

My Review
Cover: I have to admit that just by looking at the cover I am intrigued and curious at what this graphic novel will be about. 

Things that I liked: I find this graphic novel interesting yet weird. Interesting because it has a source of adventure and a purpose of saving someone as adventures often do. But it is weird that they are going around talking to robots and a pink bunny. It is interesting. I would like to see if there books that this graphic novel was based off or not. I did enjoy seeing all of the colors whether they were bright or dull or dark or light. It was very colorful. They definitely kept my attention at times. 

Things that I didn't like: There wasn't much that I didn't like. I didn't like how this doesn't have a back story of any kind, which leads me to believe there might be a book on this, but not 100% sure. 

Overall: I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars, and I would recommend this book to my family and friends.



Thank you for stopping by, if you have read this, please feel free like to leave a comment below! Happy Reading! 

Peace and Love to All!

No comments: