Thursday, January 11, 2018

Blog 202: Nimona Graphic Novel

Synopsis of the book from Goodreads
The graphic novel debut from rising star Noelle Stevenson, based on her beloved and critically acclaimed web comic, which Slate awarded its Cartoonist Studio Prize, calling it "a deadpan epic."

Nemeses! Dragons! Science! Symbolism! All these and more await in this brilliantly subversive, sharply irreverent epic from Noelle Stevenson. Featuring an exclusive epilogue not seen in the web comic, along with bonus conceptual sketches and revised pages throughout, this gorgeous full-color graphic novel is perfect for the legions of fans of the web comic and is sure to win Noelle many new ones.

Nimona is an impulsive young shapeshifter with a knack for villainy. Lord Ballister Blackheart is a villain with a vendetta. As sidekick and supervillain, Nimona and Lord Blackheart are about to wreak some serious havoc. Their mission: prove to the kingdom that Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin and his buddies at the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics aren't the heroes everyone thinks they are.

But as small acts of mischief escalate into a vicious battle, Lord Blackheart realizes that Nimona's powers are as murky and mysterious as her past. And her unpredictable wild side might be more dangerous than he is willing to admit.

My Review:
I had no idea what to expect with this graphic novel. 

The Cover: I did think that the cover was interesting, mainly because the girl on the cover with dragon like wings. It did make me question whether she just had wings or if she was a shape shifter. 

Things that I liked: I enjoyed reading this book. The graphics were done really well. It had very vibrant colors to each page and really brought the story to life. I enjoyed reading and looking at the graphics of the story. The story line in itself was really good. For me it definitely showed a story that is definitely a "never judge a book by its cover". I really enjoyed the way that they created this story and the graphics were simply amazing.

Things that I didn't like: I don't have any complaints about this one.

Overall: I rated this book a 4 out of 5 stars. I do recommend it to my friends who like to read Graphic novels and like a little twist to superhero and villains.



Thank you for stopping by, if you have read this, please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy Reading!

No comments: