Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Blog 182: Winnie-the-Pooh

Synopsis of the Book (from Goodreads)
The Bear of Very Little Brain and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood have delighted generations of readers since Winnie-the-Pooh was first published in 1926.

Back by popular demand, the four full-color gift editions of the original Pooh classics are available again. These elegant books, larger in format than the classic editions, include all of Ernest H. Shepard's illustrations, each meticulously hand-painted in delicate watercolors.

Here are the two great storybooks chronicling the adventures of Christopher Robin and all the inhabitants of the Hundred Acre Wood, as well as the two charming volumes of poems. Bright in color and true in spirit, these are books for giving--To Pooh fans of all ages.

My Review
Cover: The cover is simple yet scream imagination with the Winnie-the-Pooh characters. I love it. The covers reminds me of my childhood.

Things that I liked: I like that there were the pictures throughout the book. I liked that the book was done in chapters even though each story was a story all its own. Stories that tell of each of the characters: Pooh, Piglet, Christopher Robin, Kanga and Roo, Owl, Rabbit, and Eeyore. This to me of course is before Tigger. Tigger is one of my favorite characters. These little stories take me back to my childhood and how I use to love reading these and being read these stories. I absolutely love these stories.

Things that I didn't like: I have no complaints here.

Overall: I really enjoyed reading this collection of stories about Winnie-the-Pooh and the crew. I highly recommend this books to anyone who has children and/or anyone who would like to take a trip down memory lane. I would rate these stories a 4 out of 5 stars. 


Thank you for stopping by, if you have read this, please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy Reading!


Peace and Love to All!

No comments: