Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Blog 170: Vampire Academy Graphic Novel


Synopsis of the Book:
After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It’s filled with intrigue, danger—and even romance.

Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.

My Review:
Now not having read the books and reading this first, I had no idea what to expect. All I know about this series is that there are Vampires and it's going to be a movie.

Things that I liked: I liked that there are different "categories" of different vampires throughout the novel. I liked there is a hierarchy of vampires. I liked that they have royalty and that there are guardians that are trained to protect their royalty counterparts. I find it interested that Lissa and Rose return and/or taken back to the academy and there is a plot to get them for something. I really liked the dialogue throughout the graphic and to me it seemed realistic. I enjoyed all of the colors throughout the graphic novel as well. Very vibrant colors and goes well with the storyline. 
I liked reading this graphic novel and am definitely wanting to read the books of the series now before the movie comes out.

Things that I didn't like: Nothing wrong here with the series, just the fact that I haven't read it yet. 

Overall: I really liked reading this and the colors and dialogue were really awesome. I would recommend these to anyone who hasn't read the Vampire Academy series yet. I rated this a 4 out of 5 stars.



Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment below if you have read this, and your thoughts. Happy Reading!


Peace and Love to All.

No comments: