Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Blog 173: Teardrop by Lauren Kate

Synopsis of the Book (from Goodreads):
Never, ever cry...

Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean. And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense. Can everything you love be washed away?

My Review of the Book:
Cover: First I just have to say that the cover for this book is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors. I love that it looks like there is a city hidden behind the girl on the cover.

Things that I liked: I absolutely the concept of this novel. A story about the lost city of Atlantis. Genius. I really enjoyed reading this story. I know it was sad in the beginning but I really liked that the main characters was described and it really felt like she was emotion less. Not the case let me tell you. I love how the story unfolds as we go through the story and trying to understand the main character, Eureka. I felt bad for her throughout the book, but now I understand why she was the way she was. I love that little events happened that tested her to see if she would cry. I know for me personally I would have cried in or during those events, but she didn't. This story was just amazing. I loved the characters, the setting, the descriptions throughout, just everything in general about the book. This was well written in my opinion.

Things I didn't like: Nothing about this book, but I don't like that I don't know when the sequel is coming out. I want to know what happens next...now.

Overall: I highly recommend this book. I rated this book a 5 out of 5 stars.


Thank you for stopping by, if you have read this, please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy reading!


Peace and Love to All!

No comments: