Saturday, September 3, 2011

Blog 16 - Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse by Kaleb Nation


Hey Guys!

I know it's been a few days to a week since my last blog post, but I'll writing up a few blog posts today to make up for it. So a little update before I get started on the review. I have survived the first two weeks of my college classes. But there will be a lot of reading this semester. Now on to the review.

About the book
Bran Hambric was found alone in a locked bank vault when he was six years old. He doesn’t have a clue how he got there, or any memory of his past. There’s only one explanation: Magic. But magic is outlawed in the Great and Glorious City of Dunce.
Eight years later, a twisted, hissing creature confronts Bran and his foster father, Sewey, on their rooftop. Sewey believes it’s a gnome, but not Bran. (Sewey isn’t the brightest Duncelander to begin with.) Bran soon discovers that whatever leapt onto his roof is connected to the mother he never knew…and that Bran himself is the missing link in a plot so secret and evil that those behind it will stop at nothing to hunt him down.
Armed with wands and weapons, Bran’s enemies are about to attack — with all the power of a horrible curse and a terrible crime. Magic won’t be the only law broken in the City of Dunce…

My Review of the book
So when I read this book, I was little excited about it. I have been watching Kaleb Nation's YouTube videos, and that's how I heard about the book. I think I got this book a few weeks after it came out in stores, but once I got it. I couldn't put it down. I loved the cover of the book. It shows that the story is going to have some mystery element to it. When I read what the story was about, I got even more excited to read it. While Bran lives in the city of Dunce, where magic, gnomes and the like are not allowed for any reason. He himself learn about his true identity. He learns that he is a mage. That he was left in a bank vault by his mother, but he doesn't know why really. I love the characters that were created for this story. Bran, Astara, Polland, Adi, Rosie, they are all great characters. I especially love Polland because he is a gnome. I truly think that this is a great read. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a little magic in their adventures.

No comments: