Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blog 118 - Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut




Author: Kurt Vonnegut
Format: Paperback
Pages: 303
Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
Publication Date: May 28, 1999
ISBN-13: 9780385334204

About the book
In Breakfast of Champions, one of Kurt Vonnegut’s most beloved characters, the aging writer Kilgore Trout, finds to his horror that a Midwest car dealer is taking his fiction as truth. What follows is murderously funny satire, as Vonnegut looks at war, sex, racism, success, politics, and pollution in America and reminds us how to see the truth.

My Review

Things that I liked: I really liked the cover of Breakfast of Champions with its bright orange cover. I also really liked that in some parts of the novel that Kurt Vonnegut words things in a way that makes you think about what he is actually saying in that section.  There are different topics as well; it is not all one topic. The story was funny at times when Vonnegut was explaining things about certain sections and the way he did it with the pictures were funny.

Things that I didn’t like: One of the things that I really didn’t like were the pictures that inserted between pieces of the story that I wish he hadn’t of places there…some of the pictures were okay but there were parts that I felt the pictures just threw me off from the story that I didn’t know what was going on.

Overall Thoughts: Overall I did like reading it. I will read this again to continue to get a clearer perspective on things and what Vonnegut is explaining throughout the story but for now I rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars.

Until next time, Happy Reading!

No comments: