Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blog 131 - The Slithers Sisters

Author: Charles Gilman
Format: Hardcover:

Pages: 172
Publisher: Quirk Publishing
Publication Date: January 15, 2013
ISBN-13: 9781594745935

About the book
This second novel in the Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series begins right where Professor Gargoyle ended.  Seventh-grader Robert Arthur has discovered that two of his classmates are actually sinister snake-women in disguise. Even worse, his new middle school is full of “gates” to a terrifying alternate dimension – a haunted mansion full of strange spirits and monstrous beasts.  For Robert to protect his teachers and classmates, he'll need to return to this haunted dimension with his best friends Glenn and Karina.   Can they uncover the secrets of Lovecraft Middle School before it's too late?

The Slither Sisters features more bizarre beasts, more strange mysteries, and more adventure.  It's perfect for readers ages 10 and up. Best of all, the cover features a state-of-the-art “morphing” photo portrait – so you can personally witness the sisters transforming into their slithering alter egos.  You won't believe your eyes!

My Review
These books are fun and quick little reads. I can read these in no time at all.

Things that I liked: I really liked the way that the author has so far started the second book right where the first book left off. It’s as if he never ended the first one. It just keeps going. I do love how the author, Charles Gilman, lets the characters figure things out so to speak on their own, even if they do get hints or minor help here or there. I liked that new conflicts arise while old one are still there in the big picture. I do like that the slither sisters were certainly a challenge in this book.

Things that I didn’t like: I know it was going to be part of the story towards the end, but I wish they would have done a few more hints during the novel itself.

Overall: I really enjoyed the book and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes creatures, mysteries, two-headed rats, and H.P. Lovecraft. I rate it a 5 out of 5 stars.

Until next time, Happy Reading!
 






No comments: