Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blog 130 - Professor Gargoyle


Author: Charles Gilman
Format: Hardcover (3-D Cover)
Pages: 168
Publisher: Quirk Publishing
Publication Date: September 25, 2012
ISBN-13: 9781594745911

About the book
Strange things are happening at Lovecraft Middle School. Rats are leaping from lockers. Students are disappearing. The school library is a labyrinth of secret corridors. And the science teacher is acting very, very peculiar. Robert Arthur knew that seventh grade was going to be weird, but this is ridiculous!

With the help of some unlikely new friends, Robert discovers there’s more to Lovecraft Middle School than meets the eye. Can he uncover the secrets of the school before it’s too late?

My Review
Things that I liked: The 3-D cover that they used really looks awesome and creepy. I like how the man’s face changes when moved back and forth. The illustrations throughout the book were awesome. They helped me put visuals to the story and what was going on at certain time. I’ll admit I’ve never read anything by H.P. Lovecraft but this series is a fund read. I think the author did a really good job with the story. As soon as I finished this book I immediately picked up book two, The Slither Sisters. The story plot seems creepy and scary but fun and adventurous at the same time.

Things that I didn’t like: *cue the crickets* I couldn’t think of anything that I didn’t like.

Overall: I really enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading the sequels. I rate this book 5 out of 5 
stars.

Until next time, Happy Reading!




No comments: