Monday, February 27, 2012

Blog 37 - Writer Retreat Weekend is Over

Sadly it is true, my writer's retreat weekend is over. I had a blast hanging out with YA Rebel Sarah Nicolas (Saturday Rebel). We jumped right into writing when I got there.

Friday
We first went to the Lazy Moon. It's a pizza place, with huge slices of pizza. But also very good. We stayed eating and writing until it started to get a little noisy with the drinkers sitting one table over. After that we went back to the house to do some more writing. Later we went to a Rock Band Costume Party. That was very loud but it was fun. Everyone taking turns in singing and playing the drums or guitars. The writing sessions today I approximately wrote about 1900 words. That was the end of Day 1.

Saturday
Today was a good and delicious kind of day. In the morning, Sarah asked me to help her with the YA Rebel video. I couldn't believe it. I was happy to help her talk about themes in our writing. I was a little nervous. But I think it turned out okay. Here is the video:


Later in the day, we went to a Wine and sweets event, where I was able to eat at least 2-3 different forms of red velvet cake, my favorite. They also had cupcakes, donuts, and Italian ice. Yummy a sweet tooth dream. I want to say thank you again to Gaelen for taking Sarah and I to dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen. It was very good. Then we went to Barnes and Nobles across the street where I was able to find a hardcover version of the Twilight Saga: Graphic Novel Volume 1, and Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. Looking forward to reading both books. Stay up late doing more writing session, I wrote about 2000 words. End of Day 2.

Sunday
Today was the last day of the writer's retreat weekend. We went to Panera Bread to get some food and eat while we were doing a writing session but it started to get busy, so we left to go to the UCF college campus up the street, and we sat in the Engineering 2 building and did more writing. I added a little more to each of my stories. (I have 3 stories that I'm currently working on). After we finished with the writing session there, we headed back to the apartment where I sadly had to finish packing and double checking to make sure I didn't leave anything behind. I loaded up my car to drive home. Today I think I ended up only writing about 1500 words collectively on all three stories.

Total words collectively written over the retreat weekend: 5400 words
Number of books written on: 3

Overall, had a blast for my first writer's retreat weekend. I hope I can do it again sometime.

Well until next time, Happy Reading and Writing!

No comments: