Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blog 33 - A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

  


 

Author: Leah Clifford
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 422
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Publication Date: 22 February 2011
ISBN-13: 9780062004994

About the book
Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah. So long, happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.

My Review
I first want to talk about the cover of the book. I love it. It shows a girl on the cover with dark hair intertwined with bright pink strands. But it show Eden, the main character, just as I thought she would like in to story.

Now onto the story itself, I’ve been watching Leah Clifford on the YA Rebels, and occasionally when she does a blog TV show. I didn’t know what the story was going to be about when I picked it up. The Title of this book fits it perfectly. I like how she put a whole different perspective on fallen angels and mortals. I really enjoyed reading about what happens when they die versus being murdered or committing suicide. This book was well-written. I also like that she put a twist on Luke, I didn’t expect that but I liked it. I was expecting Luke to be big, bad, and Satan-like, but he was a subtle Satan biding his time by being a singer in a band. I liked that change it wasn’t stand up Jesus vs. Satan, it was Lucifer vs. the angels. I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars. I look forward to reading the sequel when it comes out. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes young adult, and angels. 

Until next time guys, Happy Reading!

No comments: