Friday, February 17, 2012

Blog 35 - Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey

 

Author: Scott Tracey
Format: Paperback
Pages: 330
Publisher: Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
Publication Date: September 8, 2011
ISBN-13: 9780738725956

About the Book:
Braden's witch eyes give him an enormous power. A mere look causes a kaleidoscopic explosion of emotions, memories, darkness, and magic. But this rare gift is also his biggest curse.
Compelled to learn about his shadowed past and the family he never knew, Braden is drawn to the city of Belle Dam, where he is soon caught between two feuding witch dynasties. Sworn rivals Catherine Lansing and Jason Thorpe will use anything—lies, manipulation, illusion, and even murder—to seize control of Braden's powers. To stop an ancient evil from destroying the town, Braden must master his gift, even through the shocking discovery that Jason is his father. While his feelings for an enigmatic boy named Trey grow deeper, Braden realizes a terrible truth: Trey is Catherine Lansing's son . . . and Braden may be destined to kill him.

My Review:
First, I want to say that I love the cover of this book with the eyes at the top of the cover. The font on the cover is different and I like it. Now on to the good stuff, I love that the main characters is a male and not a female. It was a nice change of pace. I liked how when the story starts, it begins with the main character and his uncle testing out a spell that his uncle created. As the story progresses, when the main character leaves his home thinking he is protecting his uncle from someone who is going to come after him, he meets a boy named Trey. I love that Braden and Trey get into a relationship, even if it is a complicated one. I love that it was the traditional male-female relationship. I really liked that “eye condition” that Braden has to deal with. I didn’t expect that to something that a witch can do. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book. I look forward to see if there is a sequel or not to this book. I would recommend this book to my fellow book lovers.

Until next time guys and gals, Happy Reading!

No comments: