Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blog 145 - Review: Charmed Graphic Novel Season 9 Volume 1


Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1


Author: Paul Ruditis, Dave Hoover (Artist)
Format: Paperback
Pages: 144
Publisher: Zenescope Entertainment
Publication Date: February 8, 2011
ISBN-13: 9780982582671

About the Book
Charmed Season 9 picks up where the TV show left off! With the source of all evil defeated, The Charmed Ones, three witches destined to be the most powerful force for good our world has ever known, have embraced a new life. One of new family, friends, and a future without the constant battle between good and evil... or so they think.

My Review
First, I have to say that I loved the TV show for Charmed. I watched it religiously and I even own all the DVDs for the seasons of Charmed. While I enjoyed all of the girls, I loved Piper, because with her being the middle child I felt close and was able to relate to Piper's situations minus all the magic.

Things that I liked: I absolutely loved that they created this in the first place. After the Season finale of the Charmed TV show, I always felt like there should have been more. I wanted to see if they truly retired and allowed the children to take over. But this graphic novel shows what happened right after all the Halliwell sisters found love and had their children. I love that we get to see whether or not the children gained the powers early on or not. I love that we get to see evil still trying to plot against the Charmed Ones and the children are coming into their powers left and right. I love that they tell you (as well as show you) what the children's powers are. I love that they showed you the Book of Shadows and goes through a brief retelling of what happened to the Charmed Ones in the first eight years of them finding out their heritage and coming into their powers. I absolutely loved that in the beginning, because it allows you to see what some of the pages to the Book of Shadows looked like.

Things that I didn't like: I have no complaints about this one. Though I do wish they would turn these graphics into a TV show so that we can relive the Charmed ones but with the future generations involved.

Overall: I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and look forward to reading the others to follow. I would rate this a 5 out of 5 stars. Also I would highly recommend these graphic novels to Charmed fans and anyone who watched the show. 




Until next time, Happy Reading!!      

No comments: