Saturday, September 28, 2013

Blog 141 - Review: Posion


Poison


Author: Bridget Zinn
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 276
Publisher: Disney Press
Publication date: March 12, 2013
ISBN-13: 9781423139935

About the Book
Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a talented potions master, is the only person who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction-which means she's the only one who can save it. With no other choice, Kyra decides to use her skills to poison the kingdom's future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.

But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart misses.

Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king's army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she's not alone. She's armed with her vital potions, a too-cute piglet, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can't stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance, but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?

Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she's certainly no damsel-in-distress-she's the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic fairy tale that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon.

My Review
Cover: I absolutely loved this cover. The colors are gorgeous in the title of the books, and the colors towards the bottom of the cover with the potion in her hand, the pig, and the mushrooms. I really loved the cover design.

Things that I liked: I really enjoyed reading the plot of these story. The Cover and the synopsis definitely drew me into reading the book. A couple of people also recommended this book to me, so I had to read it. I loved the characters and their different personalities, even the pig and the dog had their own personalities poking out a little bit. I loved that this piece was able to just suck me into their world and the sense of adventure that went along with the main character, Kyra and her mission to save the kingdom.

Things that I didn't like: I really can't think of anything that I didn't like about this piece.

Overall: I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars and would highly recommend to anyone who loves a sense of adventure and/or a mission to save the kingdom while having a piglet in your arsenal. 


Until next time, Happy Reading everyone!

No comments: