Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog 136 - Book Buying Ban/ Challenge

Hey Ladies and Gents,

Today's blog post will be talking about Book buying bans and my alternative to this. So let's get started.

Now I love to read as much as the next person, but lately it seems all I'm doing is buying the books and then never having time to read the books that I buy. I try to read the books when I buy them, but I have so many unread books right now, it's not funny, well it is but it isn't. You know what I mean?

Now I have tried going on those "book buying bans" that you hear about around the blog community and even around the booktube community on YouTube. I've tried and tried, and the end results are usually the same. I break about two days into it and I end up buying books. So I went to my husband for a solution desperate to find a way to get all of the unread books read. He gave me some advice, and I contemplated what he said and made a decision. He and I then put together a plan of action and here it is:

Book Buying Ban Challenge

The challenge is simple. All you have to do is read as you normal would through the months. But instead of not buying books at all. I propose the following:

Not a book buying ban per say but a little challenge to have the unread books read and still the ability to purchase books to add to your collections.

The Challenge: Read 700 or more pages in a month in order to purchase more books.

Reward System:
- Read 350 Pages in two weeks and the ability to buy 1 book
- Read 700 pages in a month and the ability to buy 2 books.
- Read 1000 pages in a month and the ability to buy 4 books.

Rules for the challenge
1. Read during the month. Set up a monthly TBR list if you like. (I usually do)
2. Aim for at least the 700 pages in a month.
3. Only buy books according to the number of pages that you read during the month.

Now I have started this challenge and I'm aiming for the 100 pages books, but I have set up quite a few books for my self to read this month. Here are the titles:

1. (Currently reading) Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan - 406 Pages
2. The Perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - 213 Pages
3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - 374 Pages
4. A Touch Menacing by Leah Clifford - 313 Pages
5. Showtime by Chloe Kayne - 341 Pages
6. Resonance by A.J. Scudiere - 484 Pages
7. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - 485 Pages

Which gives me a grand total of 2616 pages for the month of August provided that I get to read all 7 books.

So that is book buying challenge. If you are like me then please feel free to try the challenge for a month and see what you think of it. Until next time, Happy Reading. 


No comments: