Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blog 6 - My Writing Project - "Adrenaline"

Okay so in this blog post, I will be talking about the picture to the left. Now this picture is a true black a white, not that phony gray scale black and white. I took this picture myself when I lived in my hometown of Aberdeen, Maryland. It's a picture of I-95 traffic taken on a overpass bridge. I needed a couple of shots of fast-action/moving type pictures for my photography class at the time. This is where I-95 and the traffic come in. I just stood on the bridge looking through the railing and snapped a couple of pictures.

Now I know what you guys are thinking - "Alisha what does this have to do with your writing project?" This black and white picture has everything to do with my writing project. Even though this picture was taken early 2004, This picture was my spark to my fire. The spark that got my creative juices flowing. It all started after reading a book called "No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty, who is the founder of National Novel Writing Month, also known as NaNoWriMo. Well I decided to take that writing challenge. (The challenge of writing 50K words in the month of November.) I was thinking about what to do with this picture whether I should frame it, keep it in a folder. I stared at it for a few minutes and it reminded me of a someone on an Adrenaline rush, like in a car race or something. From there I started writing thoughts that I would think about every time I looked at this picture. Soon I had the idea of writing a book about teenage siblings, who street race after their father dies. They don't know that their father dies during one of his street races, only that he died in a car accident. Even the mother doesn't know that her own children are racing around the same streets that their father raced on.

So that's how I got started on this writing project. Now that was back in November 2008 that I started this project. My goal for this summer is to finish it, at least the writing portion to start on the revisions and edits. I hope to be a published author someday and see my creation on the bookshelves of Barnes and Noble, and many other bookstores.

That is all for now, next time another "In My Mailbox". Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you will subscribe and continue to read more and follow me on my writing journey. Until next time, Happy reading and to those of you who write, Happy Writing!!

No comments: