Friday, March 7, 2014

Blog 157 - The Titan's Curse Graphic Novel



Author: Rick Riordan
Format: Paperback
Pages: 128
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: 10/8/2013
ISBN-13: 9781423145516

About the Book
A new prophecy leads to a dangerous quest.

When Percy receives an urgent distress call from Grover, he immediately prepares for battle. He knows he'll need his powerful demigod allies, Annabeth and Thalia, at his side; his trusty bronze sword, Riptide; and a ride from his mom.

The demigods race to the rescue, only to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two new powerful half-bloods, whose parentage is unknown. But that's not all that awaits them. The Titan lord, Kronos, has set up his most devious trap yet, and the young heroes have just fallen prey.

Now, Percy and his friends are faced with their most dangerous challenge-the chilling prophecy of the Titan's Curse. They must rescue the goddess Artemis by the Winter Solstice, or all will be lost including Annabeth.

Rick Riordan's internationally best-selling The Titan's Curse becomes a graphic novel in the hands of comic-book luminaries Robert Venditti, Attila Futaki, and Gregory Guilhaumond.

My Review
The Cover: I really enjoyed the cover of this graphic novel.

Things that I liked: I enjoyed reading this as it picked up where the last one left off. I like that with a new book there is a new quest for the demi-gods (half-bloods). I found it interesting that for this graphic novel (and I don't know if this happens in the book or not) but Apollo's oracle of Delphi comes out of the attic space at camp half-blood. I just though it was interesting that she gave her prophecy but they weren't in the attic to do it. The obstacles that Percy and the others had to face throughout the graphic novel. I loved the vibrant colors throughout the piece.

Things I didn't like: I don't have any complaints on this one.

Overall: I would recommend this to anyone who is reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I rated this a 4 out of 5 stars.

Until next time, Happy Reading!

No comments: