Monday, December 9, 2013

Blog 150 - Locke & Key Graphic Novel Volume 1



Author: Joe Hill
Format: Hardcover
Pages 158
Publisher: Idea and design works, LLC
Publication date: September 24, 2008
ISBN-13: 9781600102370

About the Book
Locke & Key tells of Keyhouse, an unlikely New England mansion, with fantastic doors that transform all who dare to walk through them, and home to a hate-filled and relentless creature that will not rest until it forces open the most terrible door of them all!
Acclaimed suspense novelist and New York Times best-selling author Joe Hill (Heart-Shaped Box) creates an all-new story of dark fantasy and wonder, with astounding artwork from Gabriel Rodriguez.

My Review
I like the cover, it kind of has a creepy vibe to it, but I also like the key that is on the front. The key looks pretty awesome.

Things that I liked: I really enjoyed the story line and the way that the storyline had a few flashbacks. I was intrigued when the family moved to this house and tried to move on with their lives, only to find out that things aren't what they seemed. I thought that the author as well as the illustrator portrayed the characters emotions, about their father's death and about the one who killed him escaping prison, very well.

Things that I didn't like: There is nothing that I didn't like about this piece.

Overall: I enjoyed reading this, and I love forward to reading the next volume in the series. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a little mystery. I would rate this a 4 out f 5 stars.

Until next time, Happy Reading!

No comments: