Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blog 144 - Review: The Lightning Thief Graphic Novel


The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series)


Author: Rick Riordan
Format: Paperback
Pages: 144
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Publication Date: October 12, 2010
ISBN-13: 9781423117100

About the Book
You've read the book. You've seen the movie. Now submerge yourself in the thrilling, stunning, and action-packed graphic novel.

Mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking out of the pages of twelve-year-old Percy Jackson's textbooks and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect. Now, he and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus's stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus.

Series creator Rick Riordan joins forces with some of the biggest names in the comic book industry to tell the story of a boy who must unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

My Review
Cover: I did enjoy the cover for this graphic novel. The vibrant colors really represent what was within the pages to come.

Things that I liked: I really enjoyed reading this, I believe I read it in one sitting. I liked how it was really close to what the book was like, instead of being closer to the movie. This graphic novel seemed to give more details to certain aspects to the story as a whole. We got to see characters, places, and so much more that may not have been best imagined in the movie or even seen clearly in the books. I really enjoyed reading this graphic novel.

Things that I didn't like: As this was cone well with the scenes, the vibrant colors, and dialogue I don't have anything bad to say about it.

Overall: I would recommend this book to anyone who read and enjoyed the Percy Jackson series. I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars. 




Until next time, Happy Reading!!

No comments: