Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog 135 - New Moon Graphic Volume 1


New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1


Author: Stephenie Meyer
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 176
Publisher: Orbit
Publication date: April 23, 2013
ISBN-13: 9780316217487

About the book
In the first installment of New Moon, Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires: the Volturi.



My Review
Things that I liked: I really enjoyed seeing the visual artwork that was made with/for the characters and the storyline for this series. I really enjoyed seeing the way that Young Kim drew and adapted the graphics for this particular first half of New Moon. I really enjoyed it. The fact that there were colors throughout the graphic was pretty neat to see. I wish there was more of it. I liked that this was pretty accurate and very similar to the actual novel.

Things that I didn’t like: I know that there is some color throughout the graphic novel, but I would have liked to see a little more color throughout the piece. 

Overall: I really enjoyed this piece. I would recommend this to anyone who like graphic novels and/or anyone who likes the Twilight Saga and wants to read a little twist to the novels. I would rate this 4 out of 5 stars.

Until next time, Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was ehh. Graphic novel adaptations are difficult, this isn't the worst I have seen but it's not the best. Game of Thrones and the Kim Harrison GN adaptations are better IMO. I guess part of my problem is I'm not a huge Twi-fan, but I was interested to see it in this format and it was a quick read.

TheAMWriter said...

Yeah, I really like the Twilight Saga, but I'm new to the whole graphic novel scene. I started with the Twilight Graphics, but then someone told me about a manga called DeathNote, so now I'm venturing out into the graphic novel world a little to see if I like it. They also have a Beautiful Creatures Manga that I want to check out eventually.