Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blog 5 - In My Mailbox #1

Today was a very productive day for me. I was able to get up early and head to my college campus library, where I sat for about four hours writing on my current writing project. It's working title is Adrenaline. Within those fur hours, I was able to add some things to one of the chapters, finish writing another chapter, and started writing the next chapter.

But to my pleasant surprise when I got home was what I got in the mail today. I had pre-ordered a book with some of my birthday money (back in May). I pre-ordered Forever from the Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater. /Forever is the third and final book in the series I believe. It was released yesterday 7/12/2011. I love the cover of the book, and the fact the entire book is in read text is just awesome.



Also within the book, on the title page, the book was personalized with "For Alisha -", her signature, and a little drawing of a wolf. Once I saw this, it made me smile, and it made my day.



The other thing that I noticed with the book was that there were a few other gifts. I got a postcard for Maggie Stiefvater's new book that comes out October 18, 2011 titled The Scorpio Races. I also was very surprised to see a manila tag (that looks like the Best Buy Logo)signed by Melissa Marr for her book that came out May 17, 2011 titled Gravefinder. I was excited to get these items as I didn't know they would be in the book as well.



I send out thank yous to Maggie Stiefvater, Melissa Marr, and to Fountain Books for having the great service. I definitely recommend them to all my friends and family.

No comments: