Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blog 8 - Escape from Zobadak by: Brad Gallagher

This post will be a book review on the book Escape from Zobadak by Brad Gallagher. I just finished reading this book. This was an advanced reader's copy that I received from an Early Reviewer program on Librarything(dot)com.

A Little about the book:
When Uncle Gary mysteriously disappeared, all he left behind were a nightstand and mountains of sawdust. Billy Fyfe, 11, inherits the nightstand, but when he's awakened at night by noises from inside, he decides to take a closer look at it. He discovers a hidden panel that opens to an antique maze of wooden corridors. He and his sister Sophie believe that Uncle Gary is hiding somewhere in the nightstand. He has good reason to hide. The sinister men from the Zobadak Wood Company are prowling the neighborhood looking for him - and they will stop at nothing. As Billy, Sophie and their two friends, Chris and Maggie, begin to explore the ancient hallways they discover far more than they expect. But the real surprise is waiting for them when they climb back out and discover just how persistent the Zobadak men are. As logic unravels, and their situation grows desperate, Billy must make a terrifying choice: let the police handle things the conventional way, or escape to the nightstand and try one last time to find Uncle Gary before it's too late.

My Review:
I absolutely love the cover of this book. The silhouettes of the children with the light coming from their flashlight under the moonlight.  This book came out in stores on July 1, 2011. I received this book in the mail about a week before it came out, so I knew I wasn't going to finish it in time, but hey I say, "Better late than never, right?" LOL! Anyways, this was a delightful book to read. The book was only 332 pages long. The characters are very likeable. Billy and Sophie were great "detectives" in looking for their Uncle. I was a little intimidated by the number of chapters (60) but once I started to see the chapters were all short chapters, I was perfectly fine. I enjoyed reading about the explorations of Billy, Sophie, Chris, and Maggie in the Bigy Bigy Buglu drawer when they were in search of Billy and Sophie's Uncle Gary. I really enjoyed reading about their adventures, their hiding of the nightstand, their escape from the Zobadak woodmen. I look forward to seeing if this will become a series from the author or not. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good read, with imagination, and adventure. 

Thank you for reading, and I hope you will subscribe if you like what you read. I will have more book reviews posted soon. Please feel free to comment if you want. Until next time, Happy Reading!! :)

No comments: